Strawberry Chocolate Panini
This dessert panini is tasty treat, perfect for Valentine’s Day! Strawberry and chocolate is a match made in heaven; the two flavors go together so well and compliment each other. The fruity tartness of the berries cuts through the richness of the chocolate. In this recipe, our Strawberry Chocolate Panini uses fresh strawberries and Nutella– or any chocolate hazelnut spread.
Let’s talk through the recipe.
The “bread” that we use in this panini isn’t bread at all! It’s pound cake! You can usually find pre made vanilla pound cake in your local grocery store bakery. Though if you want to make your own, more power to you! Start with this recipe!
Start by slicing your pound cake. Then butter one side with some of our Fresh Churned Strawberry Honey Butter, almost like you’re making a grilled cheese sandwich. Put them butter side down on a grill pan (or a panini maker if you have one). Now comes the fillings.
Strawberries and Chocolate
Thinly sliced strawberries and a generous helping of chocolate hazelnut spread go in the middle. Then put the “lid” back on top, and use a heavy pan to push it down. Otherwise your sandwich won’t hold together. Though if you have a panini maker, you’ll just close the lid and be good to go!
It’s really that easy! And it sure is delicious: rich and decadent!
- 12 slices pound cake
- 6 T [u][url href=”https://chefshamy.com/all-natural-dairy-butters/strawberry-honey-butter/” target=”_blank”]Fresh Churned Strawberry Honey Butter[/url][/u], softened
- ¼ cup chocolate-hazelnut spread, softened
- 6 fresh strawberries, thinly sliced
- Gently spread softened Strawberry Honey Butter on one side of pound cake slices.
- Place two slices butter side down on a griddle or frying pan over medium heat. Use a knife to spread the chocolate hazelnut spread on one piece of pound cake. Top with sliced strawberries.
- Flip other slice on top to make a sandwich. Toast until butter is melted and everything is warm. Flip again if needed.
- Repeat with the rest of the ingredients. Makes 6 sandwiches.