Pizza as Dessert
I’m a little obsessed with pizza. And that means any pizza! This Strawberry Nutella Pizza has jumped right to the top of my pizza list, because it’s so easy to make, and it’s one of the best dessert pizzas I’ve ever had!
Dessert pizzas are similar to regular pizza– the base is still pizza dough, but the ingredients are sweet instead of savory. I’ve always been a fan, especially of this Peach Cobbler one.
Just like regular pizza, the toppings are up to you! Experiment and have fun!
You know Nutella? We can call it chocolate hazelnut spread, if you’d rather. You don’t have to buy the name brand stuff. It’s amazing!
I went to a chocolate shop that sold an Italian chocolate hazelnut cream, and I almost died. It was SO delicious. I dream about it sometimes.
Anyway, Nutella and strawberries are like two peas in a pod. They’re great together. And this recipe actually has two different strawberry flavors to compliment the chocolate: 1) Chef Shamy Strawberry Honey Butter and 2) fresh strawberries!
They’re both great, and both add the perfect fruity tang to offset the rich chocolate.
We used store bought pizza dough. We didn’t even have to roll out. It was so convenient! If you have a great pizza dough recipe, or some other family dough secret, use it!
But we were going for ease of preparation, so it worked great.
The real key is to paint the dough with Strawberry Butter before baking it, so the strawberry flavor caramelizes right into the crust.
Once it’s cooled, then add the nutella and strawberries.
And while you’re at it, you better make 2 because it will disappear quickly!
- Pizza Dough, premade or homemade
- 4 T Chef Shamy Strawberry Honey Butter
- 1 cup Nutella (or any chocolate hazelnut spread)
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- Powdered Sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Roll out pizza dough and place on a pizza pan.
- Brush dough with softened Strawberry Honey Butter, covering completely.
- Bake dough at 400° F for 12-15 minutes, or until done.
- Allow crust to cool completely.
- Spread Nutella overtop the dough, then place sliced strawberries on top.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve.