Making Your Own Burger Patties
A homemade burger is a thing of beauty, and this amazing Garlic Burger is no exception.
It can seem more convenient to buy a pre-made and packaged meat patty to throw on the grill. And that’s understandable. But it doesn’t take very much time to make your own patties, and it’s not difficult at all.
This recipe is really simple– only 4 ingredients, plus salt and pepper.
The main flavor in the burger comes from Chef Shamy Garlic Butter. It gives the perfect amount of garlic flavor!
Burgers and Buns
These Garlic Burgers are actually Garlic Burgers on Garlic Buns! There’s no reason to have a soggy bun, and the best way to save the bun from moisture is to the toast it.
Brush some Garlic Butter on my bun and put it on the grill for a minute or two. It’s like having a burger on garlic bread.
It’s the only way to eat a burger!
Now the real question: cheese or no cheese?
Here are a couple tips for making your own burger patties:
- Use a leaner ground beef. Because you’re adding butter, the burger can get a little greasy. You can also substitute ground turkey if you’re a fan of turkey burgers.
- I like to mix the meat with my hands, because I can feel when everything is combined. Make sure to wash your hands really well afterwards. If you’d prefer, use the paddle attachment on your electric mixer.
- When forming your patties, make a little indent in the middle. They’ll puff up on the grill, so plan ahead and you won’t have puffy burgers!
- For the Burger Patties:
- 2 lbs ground beef, preferrably a lean mix
- ¼ cup [u][url href=”https://chefshamy.com/all-natural-dairy-butters/garlic-butter-with-parmesan-and-basil/” target=”_blank”]Chef Shamy Parmesan Basil Garlic Butter[/url][/u]
- 2 ½ T Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the assembly:
- 6 burger buns
- 6 T [u][url href=”https://chefshamy.com/all-natural-dairy-butters/garlic-butter-with-parmesan-and-basil/” target=”_blank”]Chef Shamy Parmesan Basil Garlic Butter[/url][/u]
- Tomato slices
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, room temperature Garlic Butter, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, salt, and pepper. Mix completely.
- Form meat mixture into 6 patties, making an indent in the middle of each.
- Cook on the grill over medium heat, about 4-5 minutes each side, or until the inside is cooked.
- For the buns, brush Garlic Butter on the buns and grill for 1-2 minutes, flat side down.
- Assemble burgers and buns with your preferred toppings and condiments.