Holiday Sugar Cookies
Frosting is something that really reminds me of the holiday season. I think it’s because of sugar cookies. When I was growing up, my mother would make a big batch of sugar cookies in various shapes, and the whole family would frost them. We had buttercream frosting in a couple different colors, and a bunch of sprinkles. We spent over an hour decorating– my mom would make a big batch. It was nothing fancy. There were no piping bags or fancy nozzles; only good old fashioned butter knifes. I always liked frosting snowmen, because they were easy. It’s just three circles!
You’ll have your own memories and your own family traditions, but one thing is sure: This Strawberry Buttercream will rock your world.
Buttercream is pretty easy to make– it’s butter, powdered sugar, a little milk or cream, and usually a splash of vanilla. But using Chef Shamy Strawberry Honey Butter in buttercream is amazing. It gives a beautiful strawberry flavor. Sugar cookies with strawberry buttercream is probably the best sugar cookie I’ve ever had! And the pink color is pretty festive. It’ll become your new family Christmas tradition.
Here’s a killer sugar cookie recipe to get you going: Chewy Sugar Cookies
And another fun idea for sugar cookie decorating: Sprinkle Stuffed Sugar Cookies!
- 1 (6.2 oz) tubChef Shamy Strawberry Honey Butter
- ½ pint heavy cream
- 2 ½ - 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 drops red food coloring
- Beat the room temperature Strawberry Honey Butter with heavy cream, powdered sugar, and red food coloring until combined and smooth.
- Adjust according to desired consistency. If it's too thick, add a little more cream. If it's too thin, add more powdered sugar.