Pumpkin season is here! It’s the best season of the year, if you ask me. And there’s no better way to celebrate than with one (or three) of these amazing Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Muffins. They’re light, moist, and flavorful.
Most recipes call for canned pumpkin puree– this one does too. Make sure it’s 100% pumpkin– sometimes they’ll sneak some additives or fillers in there. You can also make your own pumpkin puree if you want. Here’s a handy dandy guide if you’re so inclined.
Okay, let’s talk through the recipe.
We’ve made lots of muffins over the years. Partly because they’re so tasty, and partly because they’re so easy to make. Mix the dry ingredients, mix the wet ingredients, and mix them together!
Speaking of ingredients, we’re using our Fresh Churned Cinnamon Brown Sugar Honey Butter in this recipe. It adds an even better flavor to the pumpkin, and keeps the muffins moist.
What really sets these muffins apart is the topping! It’s not complicated– just cinnamon and sugar. Put it on top of the muffins before putting them in the oven. It will bake into the top and add a sugary crunch.
Make the most out of pumpkin season! Enjoy!
Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin MuffinsCourse: Snacks, Sweets
1¾ cups all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
15 oz can pumpkin puree
4 oz Fresh Churned Cinnamon Honey Butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup sugar
1 T cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, pumpkin puree, Cinnamon Honey Butter, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined. Don’t overmix!
- Divide mixture between 12 wells of a greased muffin tin.
- In a small bowl, mix together sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture on top of each muffin.
- Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool for 10 minutes, then carefully lift them out of the muffin tin.
- Cool completely, then serve.
Get a Free Cookbook and receive regular updates about Chef Shamy Butter!