Garlic Parmesan Cornbread is a twist on the classic, and even more delicious!
Cornbread is a great side dish for chili, soup, or really any meal. Our rule of thumb is that if you can have bread with a meal, you can have cornbread with that meal.
Cornbread, while dense, can be moist and flavorful if you have a good recipe. You’re in luck with that one!
The other key is to make sure that you don’t over bake it. Over baking with result in a cornbread that’s dry and without flavor.
The other secret is Chef Shamy Garlic Butter! The butter adds a great garlic punch.
The full name is actually Chef Shamy Parmesan Basil Garlic Butter, which means that there’s already Parmesan in it! So adding more makes sense! Parmesan isn’t the meltiest cheese, but it does provide a sharp, salty flavor cuts right through the richness of the cornmeal.
As you can see in the photos, we also melted a little extra Garlic Butter on top, and it was amazing!
Look how soft and moist that looks!
Since this Garlic Parmesan Cornbread recipe involves baking, it’s important to measure all of your ingredients carefully and correctly. If you’re struggling to know how to measure the Garlic Butter, use this handy guide.
This recipe makes a 9×9 pan, enough for 12 small pieces or 6-8 bigger ones. If you want to make a 9×13 pan’s worth, double the recipe and it’ll be perfect! I always think the more cornbread the better, because it will always be good for leftovers!
Garlic Parmesan CornbreadCourse: Sides
1 cup corn meal
1 cup flour
⅓ cup sugar
1 T baking powder
½ tsp salt
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- In a large mixing bowl, combine corn meal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix beaten eggs, buttermilk, and melted Garlic Butter.
- Gently fold wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Add Parmesan cheese and stir to combine.
- Pour batter into a greased 9×9 baking dish.
- Bake at 375° F for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool, then cut into 12 pieces.
- Serve with soup, chili, and extra Garlic Butter.