Sugar Cookie Bars
These Sugar Cookie Bars are delightful! One of my complaints with regular sugar cookies is that they can be bland and dry. Neither one is a problem here. The cookie bars are beautifully soft and chewy, and have the perfect vanilla sweetness.
But let’s be real here. The real kicker in this recipe is the Strawberry Frosting. I love this frosting; I’ve used it a lot! But that’s only because I think it’s amazing! And it’s really easy: Chef Shamy Strawberry Honey Butter is mixed with powdered sugar and heavy cream. That’s it. The Strawberry Honey Butter adds an amazing, fruity flavor, and the heavy cream makes the frosting incredibly fluffy and light!
So, Strawberry makes sense? Unicorn? What’s that about?
It’s really just a fun thing with the sprinkles. The pink frosting with the multicolored little sprinkles are great fun to look at, and makes it a cute little treat. Embrace it. Embrace the unicorn!!
- SUGAR COOKIE BARS:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 large egg + 2 egg yolk
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp cornstarch
- ½ to 1 cup rainbow sprinkles
- STRAWBERRY FROSTING:
- 1 (6.2 oz) tub Chef Shamy Strawberry Honey Butter
- 2 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 T heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a large electric mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla and mix until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder, baking powder, and cornstarch until combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Fold in sprinkles until evenly disbursed.
- Press the cookie dough into a greased 9x13 pan, making sure the dough is level. Bake at 350° for about 35 minutes, or until golden brown and done in the middle.
- Meanwhile, make Strawberry Frosting. In a large mixing bowl, mix room temperature Strawberry Butter with powdered sugar and heavy cream until thick and fluffy.
- If the frosting is too thin, add more powdered sugar. If it's too thick, add more cream.
- Once the cookies have completely cooled, frost them with a thick layer of Strawbery Frosting, and decorate with extra sprinkles.
- Cut into bars and serve.