Tomatoes and Eggs
Garlic Herb Tomatoes and Eggs has becomes one of my new favorite breakfasts for a couple of reasons:
First, its absolutely delicious. Dice up some tomatoes and cook them down in some Chef Shamy Garlic Butter. Make a couple little wells in the tomatoes, and crack an egg into each well. Season them, then cook for 2 minutes with the lid on your pan. Garnish with a bunch of herbs– fresh parsley and fresh basil.
See? I told you it was delicious!
The second reason I love this recipe so much is because it’s light and healthy. So often, our breakfasts are full of bad carbohydrates, sugar, or empty calories. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day because your body needs a boost of nutrients after a long sleep! So if our first meal has little nutritional value, we’re doing something wrong.
Tomatoes are good for you– very low calorie and full of water. They also have a lot of fiber, and are packed with vitamin c and potassium.
Eggs are a great source of protein and healthy fat! As the for the Garlic Butter, not only does it taste good, but garlic is one of the healthiest things on the planet! It can boost your immune system and is full of vitamins and minerals!
The third reason I love Garlic Herb Tomatoes and Eggs is it’s so easy to make. It’s not one of those recipes that requires a lot of cooking skills or knowledge. And it comes together in about 10 minutes! There’s nothing better than a quick breakfast!
Garlic Herb Tomatoes and EggsCourse: Breakfast
3 cups diced tomatoes
2 tbsp freshly sliced basil
2 tbsp fresh parsley
salt & pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, melt Garlic Butter over medium heat. Add diced tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer tomatoes for 7-8 minutes, or until they look crushed.
- Stir, and make three little wells. Crack an egg into each indentation. Allow to cook until white are almost set, then cover with lid.
- Cook 1-2 minutes, depending on desired yolk consistency.
- Remove from heat. Garnish with lots of fresh parsley and basil.
- Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve immediately, with baguette, if desired.