Oreo Krispie Treats
Okay, don’t over react, but Rice Krispie Treats have been replaced! Introducing…. Oreo Krispie Treats are the newest, sweetest, tastiest thing in town!
So, imagine a Rice Krispie Treat. But instead of the crunchy rice cereal, use Oreos. It’s just as amazing as it sounds. If you’ve got a sweet tooth, this is right up your alley.
Oreo and Strawberry
The extra bonus here is Chef Shamy Strawberry Honey Butter. Adding the Strawberry Butter to the marshmallows gives a subtle fruity flavor that compliments the chocolate of the Oreo so well!
So, some suggestions. The photos you see are really red. It’s because we used Winter Oreo, with red cream, for Valentine’s Day! It’s fun and festive. You can use regular if you’d like, or add food coloring to make it any color you want! There’s no wrong way!
In fact, feel free to mix up the sprinkles too! When you’re working with black and white, it’s fun to find different ways to bring a pop of color.
Ooey Gooey Strawberry Oreo Krispie TreatsCourse: Desserts, Snacks, Sweets
2 packages Oreo cookies
1 (16oz) bag marshmallows
2 T Sprinkles (optional)
- Place Oreos in a plastic bag and seal tightly. Crush cookies with a rolling pin.
- In a mixing bowl, melt marshmallows and Strawberry Butter 30 seconds at a time in the microwave.
- Add Oreos and mix until when combined.
- Press mixture into a lightly greased 9×13 pan.
- Add extra marshmallows on top and sprinkles, if desired.
- Allow to cool in the fridge for about an hour, then cut into square.