Our new Sheet Pan Mediterranean Chicken and Vegetables is going to be your new weeknight staple! It’s so easy to make, feeds a whole family, and only leaves one baking sheet to wash! And by the way, it’s absolutely delicious!
When we say “mediterranean,” we’re talking about flavors, not where the chickens were from. The blend of herbs and spices here are spot on, especially when mixed with our Fresh Churned Garlic Butter.
Let’s go into detail.
It’s pretty straightforward. Put 4 chicken thighs on a baking sheet, skin side up. Then put a blend of potatoes, red onion, bell peppers, and lemon slices around the meat. Be careful as you’re preparing this– avoid cross contamination between the chicken and veggies, especially if you’re using a tool to brush the butter on.
Speaking of butter, melt some Garlic Butter, then add tarragon, oregano, paprika, salt, and pepper. Mix it together until you’ve got a delicious Mediterranean spiced butter.
Brush it all over the veggies and the chicken and bake! It’s that easy!
Sometimes our recipes say to garnish with this or that. Many times our photos have garnishes that make the food look more appetizing, but don’t add much in terms of taste.
This recipe is not like that!
We’re garnishing here with feta cheese, fresh parsley, olives, and a squeeze of lemon juice. The feta adds an essential creamy burst of cheese, parsley adds freshness, and the olives and lemon add that great acidity. Don’t skip the garnishes!
- 8 oz Fresh Churned Garlic Butter
- 1 tsp each dried tarragon, dried oregano, and paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 red onion, sliced into petals
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into petals
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into petals
- 1 lb yukon gold potatoes, quartered
- 1 lemon, sliced
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 8 pitted kalamata olives
- Lemon juice, to finish
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Melt Garlic Butter in a small bowl. Add dried herbs, salt, and pepper. Whisk to combine, and set aside.
- Place chicken thighs (skin up) and red onion, bell peppers, and potatoes on a sheet pan. Keep them separate to avoid cross contamination. Brush chicken and veggies with Garlic Butter mixture. Put lemon slices over top.
- Bake at 425° F for 40 minutes, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°.
- Remove from oven, and garnish with olives, feta, and parsley. Sprinkle with lemon juice, and serve.