Smashed Potatoes are one of the many ways that you can prepare potatoes– it seems the possibilities are endless– and we really love them! They’re a mix of twice baked potatoes and mashed potatoes: you cook them twice, they’re crisp on the outside, but soft and fluffy on the inside!
Adding our Fresh Churned Garlic Butter and Parmesan cheese is a no-brainer. Both of these ingredients pair really well with the taters.
How to Smash Potatoes
This is the fun part of the recipe! To start, boil your yellow potatoes until tender. Drain them, and put them on a baking sheet.
Use the bottom of a jar or glass to flatten the potatoes into patties! It’s so much fun! Just make sure that your “patties” are flattened about the same amount. Thinner ones will cook faster than thicker ones.
Once your potatoes are smashed, brush them with some melted Garlic Butter. Be as generous as you want; you can never have too much garlic butter. Add some salt and pepper, if necessary and to your taste. Sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top of each potato, and then bake!
The cheese and skin of the potato will get crispy, leaving the insides soft and delicious!
Garlic Parmesan Smashed PotatoesCourse: Sides
1 lb. baby Yukon Gold potatoes
Salt and pepper, to taste
¾ cup grated Parmesan
Fresh chopped parsley, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Place potatoes in large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Drain, then place potatoes on a baking sheet.
- Use the bottom of a jar or glass to smash potatoes into flat patties.
- Brush generously with melted Garlic Butter. Salt and pepper to taste, and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake at 425° F for 20-25 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley, and serve.