French Onion Stuffing
Author: Chef Shamy
Recipe type: Thanksgiving
- 4.5 oz Chef Shamy French Onion Butter
- ½ red onion
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves or ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1½ teaspoons poultry seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf bread, cut into cubes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Spray 13 x 9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In large pot, melt French Onion Butter over medium-high heat. Cook onion and celery in butter about 5 minutes or just until tender. Stir in thyme, poultry seasoning and salt.
- Add bread cubes and toss them to coat. Add chicken broth and toss until well mixed. (Add more broth if you want a moister stuffing. Up to ½ Cup.)
- Spoon into the baking dish and cover with foil. Bake 20 minutes; remove foil and bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.