Shrimp on the Grill
Or should I say, “shrimp on the bah-bie!” It only works if you do an Australian accent in your head. Anyway. Cajun Shrimp is a summertime favorite of mine. And so is anything on a grill. So, combine the two, and you’ve got a delicious, quick appetizer or dinner, perfect for the summer season!
Shrimp cooks quickly, and the grill is no exception. This recipe takes 5 minutes or less– you don’t want to cook the shrimp too long. Overcooked shrimp are rubbery and gross, so it’s actually better to be a little under cooked than over.
I love recipes like this. Not only is it quick, it’s easy. There are only 3 ingredients, unless you count the skewers themselves.
Shrimp, Chef Shamy Garlic Butter, and Cajun seasoning. That’s it!
And that’s all you need. The Garlic Butter, combined with the Cajun spice, provides amazing flavor!
You’ll notice the amount of Cajun seasoning is up to you. If you want pretty spicy shrimp, use 2 Tablespoons of seasoning. If you want your shrimp flavorful, but more mild, use 1 Tablespoon.
But use lots of Garlic Butter. That’s a given.
- 2 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ cup Chef Shamy Garlic Butter, melted
- 1-2 T Cajun seasoning
- 12 medium wooden skewers
- Preheat grill.
- Skewer shrimp using wooden skewers, 4 or 5 on each.
- Place shrimp on grill. Brush generously with Garlic Butter, and season with Cajun seasoning.
- Cook 1-2 minutes.
- Flip, then brush remainder of the Garlic Butter, and sprinkle remainder of the Cajun spice.
- Cook 1-2 more minutes.
- Remove skewers from the grill.
- Serve immediately.