In my opinion, leftovers are the best part of Thanksgiving dinner. And to be honest, I actually like my turkey sandwich the next day a little better than I like it the day of. Maybe it’s because it contains no family craziness and hubub, and most of all, minimal cleanup.
However, sometimes, you can only take so much mashed potatoes and gravy and reheated turkey. This recipe, while using leftover mashed potatoes doesn’t have to. I would probably make it just for fun and deliciousness.
- 2 Tablespoons Chef Shamy Parmesan Basil Garlic Butter
- 2 Cups Mashed Potatoes
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese for inside
- ½ cup Cheddar Cheese for outside
- ¼ cup minced Chives
- ½ cup crumbled bacon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sour cream to dip (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°
- Combine mashed potatoes, Chef Shamy butter, eggs, inside cheese, chives, and bacon- blend together. Salt and pepper if necessary (this depends on how the mashed potatoes were made).
- Take a spoonful of the batter and place into a sprayed min muffin tin. Sprinkle the outside cheese on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the tops are brown and the bites are hot all the way through. Let sit for about 5 minutes. Plate and serve!