Our Garlic Butter Seasoned Rice recipe will become your new go-to when you’re looking for a fast and tasty side dish! It’s a crowd pleaser, and inexpensive as well!
Rice has a reputation for being bland– which is fine, because most of the time we’re eating rice with something else. It’s often meant to be a carrier for something else, usually something with lots of flavor (hopefully). But rice can taste good– it doesn’t matter if it’s meant to be paired with another dish or eaten alone.
Garlic Butter and Onions
Start with some of our Fresh Churned Garlic Butter and some onions. While they saute and soften, the onions soak up all that flavor that the garlic butter provides, and you start your dish with lots of flavor!
Add some Italian seasoning, for flavor and freshness. I’m not usually a fan of pre-mixed seasonings, but Italian seasoning is one of my favorites. It includes: oregano, basil, thyme, marjoram, rosemary, and sage.
Then add your uncooked rice, stir everything together, and cover it in chicken broth. Broth adds MUCH more flavor than water. Bring it to a boil, then simmer until the rice is done!
It’s that easy.
- 4 T Chef Shamy Garlic Butter
- 1 onion, small diced
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt Garlic Butter in medium pot over medium heat. Add onion and Italian seasoning. Cook 5 minutes, until onions are soft.
- Add rice and stir to coat in butter and onions. Toast 1 minute, then add chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer 15-20 minutes, or until broth has evaporated and rice is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper, if needed.