Pigs in a Blanket
Pigs in a Blanket. What a weird name for a delicious little snack! Most of us have eaten them before– usually as an appetizer, a game day snack, or something along those lines. And that’s exactly where we’d recommend serving them! We guarantee our new recipe will be the star of your Super Bowl Party!
The “pig” part is referring to pork– in this case, cocktail weiners. They have a great smokey flavor. The “blanket” is referring to the dough that the meat is wrapped in. You’ll find different versions– some with pastry, some with bread.
We’ve taking the easy route: prepared biscuit dough from the store. And it certainly does the trick!
Our Fresh Churned Garlic Butter makes everything better. And it’s no different here!
Once you’ve wrapped the weiners in the biscuit dough, brush Garlic Butter on top! It adds amazing flavor, and also helps the outside of the dough get some nice color.
You’ll love this recipe, and make it again and again!
- 8 oz. tube crescent rolls
- 12 oz package mini cocktail weiners
- 4 T [u][url href=”https://chefshamy.com/all-natural-dairy-butters/garlic-butter-with-parmesan-and-basil/” target=”_blank”]Fresh Churned Garlic Butter[/url][/u], melted
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll crescent roll sheet and tear where perforated. Cut each triangle into three smaller (long) triangles.
- Place one cocktail weiner on the thinner side of the triangle and roll up.
- Repeat with the rest, placing them on a greased baking sheet.
- Generously brush the tops of the dough with melted Garlic Butter.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes.