Three Cheese Garlic Scalloped PotatoesCourse: Sides
3 lbs potatoes, washed
¼ cup flour
salt and pepper, to taste
2 cups milk
1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
3/4 cup shredded Gruyere cheese, divided
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Slice potatoes and onion thinly using a sharp knife or a mandolin.
- In a saucepan, melt Chef Shamy Garlic Butter. Add flour and stir until it becomes a paste. Cook for 1 minute. Slowly add milk, stirring with a whisk. Allow mixture to thicken slightly.
- Add 1 cup cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup Gruyere cheese, and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, allowing to melt into the sauce.
- In a greased 9×13 casserole dish, layer half the potatoes and half the onion, then pour half of the sauce on top. Don’t forget to salt and pepper the potatoes before pouring the sauce.
- Repeat with remaining potatoes, onions, and sauce.
- Top with the rest of the cheese: 1/2 cup cheddar, 1/4 cup Gruyere, and 1/4 cup Parmesan.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 400° F for 60 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is browned and potatoes are tender.
- Garnish with green onions and serve immediately.