Three Cheese Garlic Scalloped Potatoes
Author: Chef Shamy
- 3 lbs potatoes, washed
- 1 onion
- ¼ cup Chef Shamy Parmesan Basil Garlic Butter
- ¼ cup flour
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups milk
- 1½ cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- ¾ cup shredded Gruyere cheese, divided
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Slice potatoes and onion thinly using a sharp knife or a mandolin.
- In a saucepan, melt Chef Shamy Garlic Butter. Add flour and stir until it becomes a paste. Cook for 1 minute. Slowly add milk, stirring with a whisk. Allow mixture to thicken slightly.
- Add 1 cup cheddar cheese, ½ cup Gruyere cheese, and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, allowing to melt into the sauce.
- In a greased 9x13 casserole dish, layer half the potatoes and half the onion, then pour half of the sauce on top. Don't forget to salt and pepper the potatoes before pouring the sauce.
- Repeat with remaining potatoes, onions, and sauce.
- Top with the rest of the cheese: ½ cup cheddar, ¼ cup Gruyere, and ¼ cup Parmesan.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 400° F for 60 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is browned and potatoes are tender.
- Garnish with green onions and serve immediately.