Spaghetti Squash is one of my favorite veggies. It’s such fun thing to eat. The flesh of the squash shreds into long, thin strands that resemble spaghetti– hence the name. We’ve made a couple recipes with this ingredient before, but Four Cheese Garlic Spaghetti Squash is our favorite!
It’s cheesy, garlicky, and delicious. It’s a low carb side dish that seriously, you’ll want to make once a week.
Spaghetti squash is in season during the fall and winter, but depending on where you live and where you shop, you can find them year round.
We use four different cheeses in this recipe. And don’t skimp– it’s well worth it to use all four.
Mozzarella, gruyere, fontina, and Parmesan: those are the four.
Mozzarella is creamy and delicious. Gruyere is smoky. Fontina is salty and melts great. Parmesan has a great tang. All four together is an amazing bite!
Say it with me now: There’s no such thing as too much cheese!
Much of the flavor in this recipe comes from our favorite ingredient: Chef Shamy Garlic Butter. It’s a great base for any sauce, especially one with cheese. There’s a great kick of garlic, which cuts right through the richness of the cheese.
You’ll want to serve this with some Garlic Bread for dipping!
Four Cheese Garlic Spaghetti SquashCourse: Dinner
1 spaghetti squash
3 T milk
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
¼ cup shredded fontina cheese
¼ cup shredded Gruyere cheese
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 T chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half. Remove seeds, and spray the flesh with cooking spray. Place face down on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° F for 30-40 minutes, or until squash is tender. Allow to cool.
- Use a fork to scrap squash out.
- In a large pan or skillet, melt Garlic Butter over medium heat. Add spaghetti squash and toss to coat. Add milk and cheeses.
- Stir, and season with salt and pepper.
- Allow cheese to melt and become saucy.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, and serve.