This Fall Chicken Skillet is perfect for this time of year– packed full of nutritious seasonal ingredients!
Sometimes, there’s a misconception that nothing is in season during the fall months. Because there are so many fruits and vegetables ripening in the spring and summer, we can forget about the later part of the year.
That’s false! There’s all kinds of fruits and veggies in season in September, October, and November!
Only a few of these are included in this skillet meal: Brussels sprouts, butternut squash, apples, and onions compliment the chicken with amazing, fresh, delicious flavors.
I love skillet meals!
A skillet meal is a meal that’s entirely made and served in one large pan– easy prep and easy cleanup! Both of those are important factors when trying to get dinner on the table during a busy week.
This recipe calls for the chicken to be cooked first, then removed from the pan and set aside. Then the vegetables are cooked– sautéed in Chef Shamy Garlic Butter, which gives such a lovely flavor. Add some thyme, some cinnamon, a little chicken broth, and you’re in business.
Add the chicken back into the pot, stir everything around, and garnish with some crumbled bacon. The salty crunch sends this Fall Chicken Skillet over the top!
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- Salt and pepper
- 4 T Chef Shamy Garlic Butter
- 2-3 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut into 1 inch cubes
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chicken broth, divided
- 2 oz crumbled bacon
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add cubed chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook until browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add Garlic Butter to the skillet. Allow to melt, then add Brussels sprouts, butternut squash, and onion. Season with more salt and pepper, and cook until almost tender, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add apple, thyme, cinnamon, and ½ cup chicken broth. Stir to combine and cook until the broth has cooked off, about 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the broth and the reserved chicken. Stir to combine.
- Take off the heat, and garnish with crumbled bacon. Serve.