Fresh Berry Coffee Cake
One of the things I look forward to every year as spring arrives and the weather get warmer is fresh berries. You name it, I love it: strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries. So I always try my hardest to incorporate berries into a new recipe as soon as I can, so we can all enjoy them together. And I think this Triple Berry Coffee Cake is an absolute winner!
It’s a soft, flavorful cake topped with three different berries and a crumbly cinnamon topping. Yum! Let’s talk about it.
The cake is simple! It’s my favorite method: an all-in-one mixture. This means that you don’t have to cream butter and sugar, and incorporate ingredients one by one. You can throw everything into your mixing bowl and let your mixer do the work. They key is to mix the cake batter long enough that everything is well incorporated without over-mixing. I recommend between 90 seconds to 2 minutes.
Spread your cake batter into a baking pan and top it with berries.
Okay, this recipe calls for a lot of berries. You might look at the recipe and think it’s too much. I promise it’s not! We used blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries, but feel free to use whatever combination of berries that you want or have in your fridge.
We actually use our Fresh Churned Cinnamon Brown Sugar Honey Butter in two different places in this recipe. We use some in the cake batter itself, but also in the crumble topping.
The crumble topping is simple: flour, brown sugar, and oats, mixed with our Cinnamon Honey Butter until you’ve got a nice crumbly consistency.
Sprinkle all of it on top of the berries and bake.
Once the cake is baked and cooled, you’ll drizzle a simple glaze over the top. Not much, just enough to for a little added sweetness against the tartness of the berries.
This one is good– Enjoy!
Triple Berry Coffee Cake Recipe
Triple Berry Coffee CakeCourse: Dessert, Snacks
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 T baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 cup milk
¼ cup Fresh Churned Cinnamon Honey Butter, melted
1 cup each blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries
For the topping
½ cup each flour, oats, and brown sugar
½ cup Fresh Churned Cinnamon Honey Butter, at room temperature
For the Glaze:
1 ½ cup powdered sugar
4 tsp milk
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, eggs, and milk. Mix until completely mixed, 1-2 minutes. Gently fold in melted Cinnamon Honey Butter.
- Pour batter into a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Top batter with all the berries, spread out to cover the whole dish.
- To make the topping, whisk together flour, oats, and brown sugar in a small mixing bowl. Cut in room temperature Cinnamon Honey Butter with a fork until fully incorporated and the mixture is crumbly.
- Evenly distribute crumble over the berries.
- Bake at 375° F for 45-55 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the glaze. Whisk together powdered sugar and milk. Drizzle over the cooled cake.
Get a Free Cookbook and receive regular updates about Chef Shamy Butter!