Alfredo is a classic Italian sauce. It’s delicious and easy to make! So spice things up with some Cajun seasoning! This Easy Cajun Alfredo will become a staple on your meal plan!
It’s a great weeknight dinner because it’s quick to make; it’ll be ready in only about 20 minutes. And pasta is filling! But if you’re in a house of carnivores, it’s really easy to add some protein. Just cook some chicken breasts seasoned with Cajun Seasoning, or even shrimp!
The base of this sauce is Chef Shamy Garlic Butter, which is a perfect thing to use in any Italian cooking. It lends the perfect Garlic flavor to any Alfredo sauce.
Easy Cajun AlfredoCourse: Sauces
12 oz. fettuccine
3 T shallot, minced
1 1/2 T Cajun seasoning
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup half and half
2 cups freshly grated parmesan
Salt and pepper, toaste
Green onions, for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large saucepan, melt Garlic Butter over medium heat. Add shallot and Cajun seasoning, and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Then add heavy cream, half and half, and Parmesan and allow to cook for 5-10 minutes, until cheese is melted and incorporated and sauce is thickened. Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Serve over cooked fettucine.
- Garnish with chopped green onion