Alfredo is a classic Italian sauce. It’s delicious and easy to make! So spice things up with some white wine and Cajun seasoning! This Easy Cajun Alfredo will become a staple on your meal plan!
It’s a great weeknight dinner because it’s quick to make; it’ll be ready in only about 20 minutes. And pasta is filling! But if you’re in a house of carnivores, it’s really easy to add some protein. Just cook some chicken breasts seasoned with Cajun Seasoning, or even shrimp!
The base of this sauce is Chef Shamy Garlic Butter, which is a perfect thing to use in any Italian cooking. It lends the perfect Garlic flavor to any Alfredo sauce.
- 12 oz. fettuccine, cooked
- 6 T Chef Shamy Parmesan Basil Garlic Butter
- 3 T shallot, minced
- 1½ T Cajun seasoning
- ¾ cup white wine
- 3 T lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 cups freshly grated parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- Green onions, for garnish
- In a large saucepan, melt Garlic Butter over medium heat. Add shallow and Cajun seasoning, and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with wine and allow to reduce by ½, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add lemon juice, and cook about 1 minute.
- Then add heavy cream, half and half, and Parmesan and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes. Turn heat down and allow to thicken for 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Serve over cooked fettucine.
- Garnish with chopped green onion