It’s no secret that we love scones here at Chef Shamy– we’ve made a lot of them over the years. But these Cinnamon Spiced Cranberry Scones are our absolute favorite!
They’re soft and moist, and full of holiday flavor. A sweet glaze on top takes them to the perfect sweetness. These are great to eat for breakfast, a snack, or a dessert! Scones are so versatile that way!
Cranberry is really a holiday flavor. Actually, I like cranberry all through the year, but it’s hard to find fresh berries anytime except during November and December.
So we thought we’d lean into it with this recipe and add some other classic holiday flavors: cinnamon and orange. The combination of all three flavor blend together to create mouthful of delicious-ness!
The cinnamon comes from Chef Shamy Cinnamon Honey Butter — butter is important to scone dough. Make sure you measure correctly!
The orange comes from a little fresh orange zest– and the cranberries go straight in, fresh! We halved them, just to make them more bite-sized.
Cinnamon Spiced Cranberry SconesCourse: Snacks, Sweets, Dessert
1 cup fresh cranberries, chopped
½ cup plus 2 T sugar
½ tsp cinnamon
2 ½ cups flour
2 T baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ cup Chef Shamy Cinnamon Honey Butter, cold
¾ cup heavy cream
1 T orange zest
Glaze: 2 cups powdered sugar
3 T heavy cream
- In a small bowl, combine cranberries, 2 T of sugar, and cinnamon. Toss and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Cut in cold Cinnamon Honey Butter, until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together cream, egg, and orange zest. Pour into the dry ingredients and just bring together. Don’t overwork.
- Gently fold in cranberries.
- Carefully roll biscuit dough out on a floured surface to your desired thickness, and cut 16 scones out.
- Place on a greased baking sheet at bake at 400° for 13-16 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze. Mix together powdered sugar and cream until fully combined. Drizzle over cooled scones.