Cookies are great. But when you take two cookies and put them together, with delicious creamy frosting in the middle, you’ve got a sandwich cookie! These Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies are a twist on the classic cake, and boy, they are absolutely delicious!
Sandwich cookies are a tricky thing to get absolutely right. The cookies to frosting ratio needs to be correct. And because of the frosting, the cookies can’t be too sweet, or it’s too much.
These particular carrot cake cookies are really tasty ! Finely shredded carrots, orange zest and Chef Shamy Cinnamon Brown Sugar Honey Butter all add up to make a soft, chewy, cookie.
Cinnamon Butter Two Ways
Not only is there Cinnamon Honey Butter in the cookies, there’s Cinnamon Honey Butter in the frosting!
This frosting is seriously amazing! We’ll call it a Cinnamon Marshmallow Buttercream. It’s just three simple ingredients: Cinnamon Honey Butter, cream cheese, and marshmallow cream.
I like using marshmallow cream instead of powdered sugar because there’s not any problems with the frostings consistency. When you use powdered sugar, you’ve got to keep going back and forth with powdered sugar and cream to get the perfect consistency. But that’s no problem when you use marshmallow cream!
Cream cheese is the classic carrot cake frosting, but the tang and sharpness from cream cheese helps to cut through the sweet frosting.
Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies
Lastly, a few tips.
The cookie batter is pretty wet. That’s fine.
Try to keep the cookies pretty small and roughly about the same size. Remember you’re putting two cookies together, so we don’t want monster sized cookies.
The frosting in between should look proportional.
Last and most important tip: there’s no such thing as too much frosting.
These are so fun and easy! Enjoy!
- 2 cups shredded carrot
- ⅔ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 T Chef Shamy Cinnamon Brown Sugar Honey Butter, melted
- 2 T canola oil
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 large egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 (7 oz) container marshmallow cream
- 4 T cream cheese (softened)
- 4 T Chef Shamy Cinnamon Brown Sugar Honey Butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- In a large mixing bowl, mix carrot, brown sugar, Cinnamon Honey Butter and oil and whisk together. Add orange zest, vanilla and egg and mix until combined.
- Add flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda and mix with a wooden spoon until batter comes together.
- Use a tablespoon to drop cookie dough on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° F for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Makes about 24 cookies.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting.
- Combine marshmallow cream, cream cheese, and Cinnamon Honey Butter. Mix until fluffy.
- Spread or pipe frosting and sandwich cookies together.