Cinnamon Butter Pecan Cookies are our favorite cookies we’ve ever made!
This time of year, around the holidays, cookies are in abundance. You’ve got to have a couple of no-fail, crowd pleaser cookie recipes in your back pocket. This is sure to be one of the them!
Homemade cookies are much better than packaged ones from the store– even better than the ones from the bakery, I think. And cookies aren’t that difficult to make. So it’s totally worth it.
Most people know butter pecan as an ice cream flavor (one of my favorites), but here’s it kind of a play on words. These cookies are packed with toasted pecans, and rely on Chef Shamy Cinnamon Honey Butter for a lot of flavor.
Between the pecans and the Cinnamon Honey Butter, there’s so much flavor going on here that other cookies will pale in comparison. It’s got a great kick of cinnamon from the butter, and the crunchy pecans cut through to make sure the cookies aren’t too sweet.
I always like to throw out a reminder about measuring Honey Butter correctly. Because the butter is whipped, it can be tricky to measure. Click here for the best way to do it.
Baking during the holidays is always fun, and always rewarding. Oh, what fun it is to provide some holiday cheer through baked goods!
Cinnamon Butter Pecan CookiesCourse: Snacks, Sweets
1½ cups chopped pecans
½ cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2½ cups flour
1 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a pan, lightly toast pecans over medium heat. Watch carefully so they don’t burn. It should only take 2-3 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together Cinnamon Honey Butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix until combined. Add toasted pecans and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Chill in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Use a spoon to scoop and roll about 1 Tablespoon of dough into balls. Drop dough onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° F for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Makes about 3 dozen.