Strawberry Orange Muffins
We’ve done a lot of muffin recipes over the years, and they’ve all been good. But I’ve been excited to make these Strawberry Orange Muffins for a while. Partly because I love strawberries. Summer is the best, because strawberries are abundant and cheap!
It’s also partly because I love muffins! They’re good at any time of day. They’re goo warm, cold, with butter, without butter: muffins are always delicious. That’s why we keep finding new muffin recipes and flavors. I can’t eat enough of them!
I’ve already talked about how much I love strawberries. I also love the combination of strawberry and orange. The fruits themselves can be tricky to eat together, but the flavors pair well. The floral citrus zest of the orange mixed with the berry sweetness of the strawberries…. yum!
This recipe uses both fresh strawberries and fresh orange zest. It also uses our Fresh Churned Strawberry Honey Butter for an extra strawberry punch. You could say that these muffins are packed with flavor!
This recipe is pretty simple, but baking is precise, so let’s go through it quickly. Combine your dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Combine your wet ingredients: milk, Strawberry Honey Butter, and eggs. The combine all of that together.
I quartered the strawberries, and that’s what I recommend (unless your berries are huge). I like having big chunks of fruit in there. You can toss them in a little flour if you want so they don’t sink to the bottom. But the pieces are so big that it won’t matter too much.
Fold in your strawberries and a tablespoon of orange zest! Don’t over mix muffins, or they’ll be dense!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup milk
- ⅓ cup Fresh Churned Strawberry Butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup quartered strawberries
- 1 T orange zest
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, melted Strawberry Honey Butter, and eggs. (It's best if the eggs and milk are at room temperature, so the butter incorporates better.)
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Gently fold in the strawberries and orange zest. Don't over mix!
- Divide mixture evenly between 12 muffin cups.
- Bake at 400° F for 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins come out clean.