Strawberry Lemon Sandwich Cookies are a sweet, zesty dessert, perfect for a hot summer day!
In my opinion, Sandwich cookies are an underrated dessert option. In fact, I might say that sandwich cookies are some of my favorite cookies!
Thanks to Oreo’s, a lot of people think of crunchy wafers– but a good sandwich cookie is soft and full of flavor.
They also are a little more labor intensive than regular cookies, since you have to spread the frosting and put them together. But it’s kind of fun!
We’ve come up with a short cut to make these delicious cookies even easier: Lemon Cake Mix!
Cake Mix Cookies
Making cookies from cake mix is a huge time saver! It’s a great way to get unique flavors into a cookie without having to buy obscure ingredients. I especially like using a lemon cake mix to make cookies– it’s got such zesty lemon flavor!
Cake mix cookies are soft and chewy. They also bake pretty flat, so they’re perfect to sandwich together.
Ingredient wise, they couldn’t get easier. It’s basically the same as if you were making it into a cake, just without the water.
Strawberry Buttercream Frosting is so easy when you use Chef Shamy Strawberry Honey Butter! The creamy frosting has an amazing fruity flavor. And it goes perfect with these cookies! Strawberry and lemon is a match made in heaven!
We’ve posted a Strawberry Buttercream recipe on our site before, but this one is a little different. Sandwich Cookie frosting needs to be a little more firm, so it doesn’t squidge out when you take a bite.
As always, enjoy!
Strawberry Lemon Sandwich CookiesCourse: Desserts, Snacks
For the cookies:
1 box Lemon Cake Mix
½ cup oil
For the frosting:
1 (6.2 oz) tub Chef Shamy Strawberry Honey Butter
3 cups powdered sugar
1-2 T milk
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Sift lemon cake mix into a large electric mixing bowl. Add eggs and oil, and beat until combined.
- Use about a tablespoon of mixture to roll into balls. Place cookies on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes.
- Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
- Meanwhile, making the frosting. Cream together Strawberry Honey Butter and powdered sugar, add milk as needed. Consistency should be thick and able to hold it’s shape.
- When the cookies are completely cooled, make sandwiches by spreading a generous helping of Strawberry Frosting in between cookies.
- Serve with a big glass of milk!