The Perfect Sweet Treat
Vanilla Bean Lemon BarsCourse: Dessert, Snacks
1 cup (8 oz) Chef Shamy Vanilla Bean Honey Butter, softened
1 ½ cups sugar
¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2-3 lemons)
zest of one lemon
¼ teaspoon salt
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup powdered sugar
1 T freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 T milk
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together softened Vanilla Honey Butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, until combined.
- Add lemon juice and lemon zest and mix until incorporated.
- Add salt and flour and mix on medium speed until incorporated. Don’t overmix.
- Pour the batter evenly into a greased 9×13 baking pan. Bake at 350° F for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze by whisking together powdered sugar, lemon juice, and milk. Pour the glaze on the bars and spread to the edges
- Allow to cool completely and serve
Get a Free Cookbook and receive regular updates about Chef Shamy Butter!