Roast Beef & Homemade Au JusCourse: Dinner
4 to 6 lb boneless, lean, beef roast
1 cup Cabernet Sauvignon
1 large onion, diced
6 gloves garlic, minced
2 T salt
1 T black pepper
- Trim excess fat from roast
- Stir marinade, wine and seasoning, onions and garlic together
- Coat Roast in combined marinade
- Refrigerate if marinating for longer than 2 hours.
- Pour off marinade and spices and save to use later.
- Sear roast on all sides on a grill or in a lightly oiled skillet
- Return roast to electric frying pan on 280° and add back Marinade, onions and garlic. Roast 3 to 5 hours, adding a half a cup of water every hour to prevent au jus mix from scorching and to keep beef moist. Remove Roast and wrap in Foil with a few tablespoons of au jus and hold in warm oven until served. Add 1 quart of water to electric frying pan, set heat to 350 and declare the bottom of the pan. Add water or salt as necessary to achieve the desired flavor. Serve with Fried Noodles