One of my favorite memories as a child was trying to sneak into the kitchen to steal some cookie dough while my mom was making her delicious chocolate chip cookies. It didn’t work very often.
“It’s not good for you,” my mom would say. “Raw eggs can make you sick.” I didn’t care. It seemed like a fair trade to my child brain, because I loved it so much.
Finally, we have cookie dough that’s meant to be eaten, not to be baked! And no, you’re not going to get sick from raw eggs, because they aren’t any!
Making Cookie Dough Safe
The two things in dough that have the potential to make you sick are: eggs and flour. We’ve fixed the egg problem by eliminating them from the recipe.
Flour can sometimes (in rare cases) have salmonella, but it’s an easy fix. Just stick your flour in the microwave. It will only take a minute or two until it comes up to temperature. You’re looking for around 165°F.
In my opinion, not all chocolate chip cookies are created equal. The flavor of the dough matters, so let Chef Shamy help you out. Our Fresh Churned Vanilla Bean Honey Butter gives this dough an amazing vanilla flavor, which compliments the chocolate chips so well!
Use enough milk to get the cookie dough consistency, but not so much that you water down the flavor. Dough is meant to be smooth but thick!
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup Fresh Churned Vanilla Bean Honey Butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2-4 T milk
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
- First, treat your flour. Put 2 cups flour in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 min, or until temp of the flour is 165° F.
- Add brown sugar, sugar, and Vanilla Bean Honey Butter to an electric mixer and beat until flight and fluffy.
- Add salt and flour and mix to combine. Pour in milk a tablespoon at a time, as much as needed to achieve cookie dough texture.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate, or serve.