Penne alla Vodka | Chef ShamyCourse: Dinner
1 lb. penne pasta
1 medium onion, chopped finely
1 cup vodka
14 oz. can tomato puree
1 cup heavy cream
1 pinch red pepper flakes, or to taste.
Salt and pepper, to taste.
Grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt Garlic Butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook 5 minutes, until soft and translucent.
- Pour in vodka (move pan away from open flame if you have it) and cook 2-3 minutes, so it can reduce.
- Add tomato puree and heavy cream and stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes. Season with red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Pour cooked pasta into the sauce and toss.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese.