Loaded Baked Potato Soup with Garlic Butter
Author: Chef Shamy
- 6 oz Chef Shamy Parmesan Basil Garlic Butter or Garlic Herb Sauté Butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 cups milk
- 5 large potatoes, baked and cubed (peeled, if desired)
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in the bottom of a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add flour and whisk to combine until thickened. Whisking continuously, slowly pour in the milk and whisk until mixture is smooth and it begins to thicken a bit.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients (hold back some cheese and bacon to put on top) and lower the heat to medium. Stir until the cheese is melted and the soup is warmed through. Always keep the soup moving by stirring so as not to burn and make sure to scrape the bottom as you stir
- Serve with cheese and bacon on top