Have you had broccolini before? If not, our Lemon Herb Grilled Broccolini is a great way to introduce yourself to this unfamiliar ingredient.
Broccolini is a vegetable, a cross between broccoli and Chinese broccoli. The florets are small and flower-like; the stalks are long and leafy. All parts of this delicious veggies are edible. It tastes like broccoli and asparagus had a baby. Let’s talk about this delicious recipe!
There’s an obvious plus side to grilling vegetables: char! The “grilled” flavor can help to cut through and compliment the inherent earthiness or sweetness of certain vegetables.
Broccolini on the grill is delicious. The florets get a little dark while the stalks are juicy and tender. Like regular broccoli, broccolini suffers if it’s overcooked, so you won’t need them on the grill for more than a few minutes on each side. As always, the cooking time depends on the size and thickness of the vegetable itself, as well as your personal preference.
If you haven’t tried Chef Shamy Lemon Herb Butter, you should! It’s zesty, bright, and full of flavor. It’s delicious on a lot of things, but vegetables are my favorite. It makes the broccolini so tasty! Don’t be shy with it when brushing– some will fall through the grill.
Don’t forget to add salt and pepper to your taste, and a make good use of a lemon by garnishing with both zest and juice. Enjoy!
- 3 large bunch broccolini, leaves trimmed
- 6 oz Chef Shamy Lemon Herb Butter, melted
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 lemon, for zest and juice
- Preheat grill, on medium heat.
- Place broccolini on grill and brush with Lemon Herb Butter. Cook 3-4 minutes, then flip.
- Brush with Lemon Herb Butter again. Cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from grill. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh lemon zest and a squeeze of lemon juice.