Stuffed Mushrooms is one of our favorite appetizers. They’re really delicious, and really easy to make. Even mushroom-haters will like them– and it’s because of the delicious mixture that we stuff them with.
In order to stuff the mushrooms, we’ve got to break the stem off. Doing so carefully results in a hole on the bottom side of the mushroom. It’s a perfect place for our cheesy sausage filling!
We’re stuffing the mushrooms with a simple but flavorful mixture. We start by browning some pork sausage. Then add some of our Fresh Churned Garlic Butter — it adds a lovely garlic flavor, and it compliments the sausage really well. Then it’s some cream cheese, some Parmesan, salt, pepper, and cayenne for a little heat.
Once everything comes together and the cheeses are melty, use a spoon to stuff those mushrooms! Bake, then serve!
The Keto Diet emphasizes healthy fats with little to no carbohydrates. This is a perfect keto recipe– no carbs and plenty of fat from the cheeses and the Garlic Butter. We had some of our keto friends taste test this recipe, and they absolutely loved it. There were no leftovers!
Whether you’re keto or not, you’ll love it too!
Keto Sausage Stuffed MushroomsCourse: Sides, Snacks
24 whole mushrooms
1 lb pork sausage
8 oz cream cheese, cubed
½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
Salt and pepper, to taste
Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Break off stems of mushrooms, and place mushrooms top side down on a baking sheet.
- In a pan or skillet, brown sausage over medium heat. Drain fat, then add Garlic Butter, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, cayenne, salt, and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until mixture comes together. Use a spoon to scoop filling into the mushrooms.
- Bake at 350° F for 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, and serve.