Our Instant Pot Chicken Ramen is an easy way to get a warm meal on the table. Ramen is more than just the packaged noodles that we cooked in dorm room microwaves– it is a Japanese noodle dish, served in a meat-based broth and served with a variety of toppings. There are a lot of great ramen restaurants all over the country, but homemade is even better!
Let’s talk through this quick recipe.
Meat and Broth
This recipe starts by seasoning chicken breasts (you could use tenderloins or thighs if you’d rather) with salt and pepper. Then turn on your Instant Pot to Saute. Put a big dollop of our Fresh Churned Garlic Butter in there to melt. Sear the chicken on both sides for a couple of minutes to seal in all that delicious garlic flavor.
Then add some chicken broth, water, and a bunch of green onions. Then pressure cook! The broth will soak up the flavor of the Garlic Butter and the green onions, and the chicken will stay moist and delicious.
Shred the chicken and put the Instant Pot back to saute to bring that flavorful broth to a boil. Then throw in those packaged noodles I mentioned earlier. We only need to cook them for a minute or two — they cook quickly anyway, and they’ll continue to cook in the hot broth once the Instant Pot is off. Add some soy sauce and bok choy. Bok choy adds some freshness and soy sauce adds depth of flavor to the broth.
You can really go to town on the garnishes here. We added more green onions, sesame seeds, chili oil, and a medium boiled egg. We even threw some carrot chips in for an extra crunch. Feel free to add anything that sounds good.
Instant Pot Chicken Ramen
1 lb. chicken breasts
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 green onions, chopped
4 cups chicken broth
2 cups water
3 packages ramen noodles, seasonings discarded
8 oz bok choy, sliced into pieces
2 T soy sauce
Green onions, to garnish
Sesame seeds, to garnish
Soft boiled eggs, to garnish
Chili oil, to garnish
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Turn Instant Pot to Saute and add Garlic Butter. Sear the chicken breasts on both sides, 1-2 minutes.
- Add green onions, chicken broth, and water. Put the lid on and set to High Pressure for 10 minutes.
- When the Instant Pot is done, do a quick pressure release, then remove the lid carefully. Remove the chicken and shred.
- Set Instant Pot to Saute and bring liquid to a boil. Add chicken back into the pot along with the ramen noodles. Cook 2-3 minutes, or until noodles have softened. Turn off Instant Pot, and add bok choy and soy sauce. Stir to combine.
- Serve in bowls with fresh green onions, sesame seeds, soft boiled eggs, and chili oil.