These Instant Pot Carnitas are TASTY! So delicious, and so easy to make.
Do you have an Instant Pot? They’re amazing! I did the entire recipe in this thing. I seared the pork, then pressure cooked it in only an hour!
Instant Pots cook with steam pressure, which means these carnitas are so tender you wouldn’t believe it! I shredded it with a fork, which I call success.
Chef Shamy Parmesan Basil Garlic Butter has a permanent place in Mexican food! Garlic is an essential ingredient, so it’s a natural fit.
In this recipe, searing the pork in Garlic Butter imparts a delicious garlic flavor into the meat. And the garlic goes well with this amazing sauce– it’s got fresh orange juice and fresh lime juice, with some oregano and cumin.
Delicious doesn’t even begin to describe it!
The great thing about this carnitas recipe is that you can use the meat in a ton of different ways. Throw it in a tortilla and make a taco, or a burrito. Or make some delicious nachos! There are a lot of great choices.
I would cook up some rice and throw it in a bowl with some beans and veggies and call it a burrito bowl. There’s no wrong way.
Instant Pot CarnitasCourse: Dinner
1 (4 lb) boneless pork roast, cut into chunks
1 cup chicken stock
½ cup fresh orange juice
¼ cup fresh lime juice
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
- Cut the pork roast into 6-8 pieces.
- On Instant Pot, press “Saute.” Add Garlic Butter to the bottom of the Instant Pot and let it melt. Sear pork pieces on all sides, in batches.
- Put all the seared pork back into the Instant Pot, then add chicken stock, orange juice, lime juice, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Close the lid and set vent to “Sealing.” Press “Meat,” then “Adjust,” and change the time to 60 minutes.
- When the cooking is done, allow the pressure to release naturally, about 15 minutes.
- Take off the lid, and shred the pork.
- Use in tacos, burritos, or enchiladas
Get a Free Cookbook and receive regular updates about Chef Shamy Butter!