Fajitas are one of my favorite things in the whole world. So when the weather started to get warmer, and our thoughts turned to grilling, I though we’d turned this Mexican classic into a kabob! These Fajita Kabobs contain all the great ingredients you expect, and are bursting with fire grilled flavor!
These don’t take very long to cook, and they’re easy to assemble. Because you’re using beef, you don’t have to worry about cross contamination. If you want to substitute chicken for beef, make sure you keep the chicken on different skewers than the vegetables.
Our recipe calls for sirloin steak, cut into cubes. Feel free to use whatever cut of beef is available or on sale. The important thing is to keep the cubes roughly the same size. Otherwise, you’ll have inconsistently cooked meat.
Fajita usually have onions and bell peppers. We used red onions, cut into roughly the same size chunks as the beef. For the bell peppers, we used a red and a green (again, cut into comparably sized pieces). If there are other colors of bell peppers you want to use, go for it!
Once all the ingredients are on the skewers, throw them on the grill! Brush them liberally with our delicious Fresh Churned Garlic Butter. It adds great flavor! (Don’t forget to salt and pepper!)
You can choose to sprinkle some fajita seasoning on there too, if you want, but I personally don’t think you need it. The Garlic Butter plus the char from the grill creates amazing flavor!
- 2 lbs sirloin steak, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 bell peppers (one red, one green), cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 large red onion, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 3 oz Fresh Churned Garlic Butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fajita seasoning (optional)
- Arrange beef, peppers, and onions on the skewers.
- Place them on the grill, and brush with Garlic Butter. Cook 3-5 minutes, then flip. Brush with Garlic Butter again.
- Season with salt and pepper, and fajita seasoning, if desired.
- Cook an additional 3-5 minutes, then take off the grill.
- Allow to rest 5 minutes, then serve.