Grandma’s Butter Fried German NoodlesCourse: Dinner
1 cup warm water
2 1/2 cups white flour
1/2 cups wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
4 oz butter for frying
Red wine vinegar with several beads of crushed garlic
Beef Au jus (see roast beef recipe for the best au jus)
- Combine water, eggs, flour and 1/2 teaspoon of salt in a bread mixer and knead for 4 minutes. Let dought rest for 5 minutes, then roll out in sections that are easy to handle, about 1/16 to 1/8 inch thick (noodles will thicken when boiling and again when frying). Leave slabs of rolled dough on counter to dry, flipping occasionally. A fan blowing on noodles will speed up process.
- Slice with pizza slicer into 2″ X 1/2 inch noodles.
- In a skillet or electric frying pan, melt butter on high heat
- Thoroughly coat noodles and sprinkle lightly with onion salt and black pepper.
- Serve immediately with au jus, vinegar and roast beef.
- Noodles can keep refrigerated for several weeks or longer frozen. Can be pre-made for a meal later in the week.