Gourmet GuacamoleCourse: Sides
2 or 3 Ripe Avocados (semi-soft to finger pressure)
1 Tomato (seeded and diced)
1/4 cup diced onion
1 TBL diced Jalapeno pepper
Dash of Tabasco pepper sauce
Juice of a fresh lime
1 TBL red wine vinegar
1 TBL Mayonnaise
Salt and Pepper
- Cut to the pit around the circumference of each avocado and separate into hemispheres.
- With care, chop gently into the pit with chef’s knife. The embedded knife will act as a lever to twist and pop out the pit.
- Scoop the contents of each avocado half with a spoon to remove all of the flesh from the skin, into a mixing bowl.
- Mash avocado with a fork. Guacamole dip is best hand whipped to leave it slightly chunky.
- Add remainder of ingredients and mix.
- Great dip served with tortilla chips or as a side dish to any Mexican or southwestern dish.