Potatoes on the Grill
Garlic Rosemary Potato Skewers are absolutely delicious! I love making potatoes on the grill. The potatoes take on such a different flavor than if you baked them in the oven, or in a skillet. There’s an added smoky grill flavor, which is really delicious!
You cook the potatoes in the microwave first, and then finish them off on the grill. It ensures a tender potato inside, and makes the outside crispy, almost like a french fry!
Potatoes are famously bland. They have absolutely no flavor, except what you add to them.
So we added Chef Shamy Garlic Butter, fresh rosemary, and plenty of salt and pepper! Garlic Butter and potatoes is a no-fail combination! We’ve made lots of potato dishes over the years with our butter, and they’ve always been tasty.
Garlic Butter and fresh rosemary work really well together. You get the right amount of garlic, and the perfect amount of herb-ness. Is that a word? My computer says it’s not. But you know what I mean!
Skewers can be a tricky thing. I prefer using wooden skewers over metal ones. Metal skewers heat up and can burn you when handling them, and it’s not worth the risk to me.
If you use wooden skewers, you must soak them in water for at least 30 minutes prior to using! Otherwise, the wood will catch fire on the grill and your skewer will turn to ash.
Garlic Rosemary Potato SkewersCourse: Sides
1½ lbs uncooked red potatoes
¼ cup Chef Shamy Garlic Butter
2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
- Place wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Quarter potatoes and rinse. Place potatoes in a microwave safe bowl, and cover with 1/4 cup of water. Microwave for 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Allow potatoes to cool, the skewer potatoes, 5-6 quarters on each one.
- Places potato skewers on grill, brushing generously with Chef Shamy Garlic Butter. Sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes, then flip. Brush with more Garlic Butter, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Cook an additional 5 minutes, or until grill marks are evident.
- Serve immediately.