Garlic Mashed Cauliflower makes a great low carb substitute for mashed potatoes. If you make them right, you won’t even be able to tell the difference!
Cauliflower is an extremely healthy vegetable. It’s very few calories– 100 grams (around 1/2 cup) is only 25 calories! It contains very low amounts of fat and carbohydrates, while being a good source of vitamin C, vitamin B, and vitamin K.
Because cauliflower has little to no flavor (just like a potato), you can add your own and make it taste the way you like!
Let’s look through our ingredients.
The first is Chef Shamy Garlic Butter. Seriously, this stuff would taste good on a flip flop. It adds a great garlic flavor, and some much need fat.
Sour cream and Parmesan cheese both add quite a bit to the dish. Sour cream lends a great creaminess to bring everything together. The Parmesan cheese provides a little punch of saltiness against the fat of the sour cream.
Of course, you’ll need to add more salt and pepper. You’ll need to taste it first to see what you think. I’d recommend 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of pepper.
Garnish with some fresh chopped parsley to bring some freshness.
We can’t discuss mashed potatoes (or mashed cauliflower) without talking about Thanksgiving. It’s the time of year that mashed potatoes and gravy dominate our thoughts.
Would this recipe be good on a Thanksgiving plate? Yes!
Can you put gravy on top? YES.
And you should!
Garlic Mashed CauliflowerCourse: Sides
Head of cauliflower
1 T Sour Cream
1 T grated Parmesan Cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
Parsley, to garnish
- Clean cauliflower and cut off stem and leaves. Cut florets into chunks. Add them to a sauce pan and cover with water. Salt and pepper to water.
- Bring to a boil, and cook until cauliflower is completely fork tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain, then transfer to a food processor.
- Add room temperature Garlic Butter, sour cream, and Parmesan cheese. Mix until combined and it becomes a creamy texture.
- Taste, and add more salt and pepper as needed.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, and serve.
Get a Free Cookbook and receive regular updates about Chef Shamy Butter!