As the weather turns cold and crisp, our taste buds crave hearty food. Comfort food bring us just that– comfort. Biscuits definitely do both; they’re hearty– my grandpa would say “they stick to your ribs.” And biscuits are most definitely comfort food. They’re soft, flaky, and best served warm. But these Garlic Butter Cheddar Biscuits will be the best you’ve ever had. You’ll make them every week! And why not? They’re so easy!
What makes them easy is Chef Shamy Parmesan Basil Garlic Butter! Brush some on top, and put a little in the batter, and you’re not only on the road to delicious, but it saves time trying to make up your own garlic butter! And the flavor is amazing. Cheddar and garlic are two things that pair perfectly together, and this is no exception. The saltiness of the cheese mixed with the bite of the garlic, and the softness of the biscuit is the perfect bite.
These biscuits are great to dip in soups or to serve as a side dish — or just eat a dozen by yourself!
- 4 cups flour
- 2 T sugar
- 2 T baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ cups melted Chef Shamy Parmesan Basil Garlic Butter, divided
- 2 cup milk
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix the milk and 1 cup of melted Garlic Butter together until well combined, then add to the dry ingredients. Mix, making sure not to overmix.
- Add the shredded cheese, and stir until just combined.
- Use a spoon to grab about ⅓ to ½ cup of dough, and arrange on greased baking sheet. You should be able to get 16 biscuits out of this dough.
- Bake at 425° F for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Once out of the oven, brush biscuits with the remaining melted Garlic Butter.