Grilled Cheese Rollups
Our new Garlic Butter Grilled Cheese Rollups are the newest variation on our favorite toasted sandwich. These are fun to eat, and fun to make! They’re perfect for dunking in soup, or eating with a salad. Though I liked just eating them by themselves.
As usual, our Fresh Churned Garlic Butter gives these rollups a ton of flavor. Garlic Butter really does make everything taste better!
It’s a simple recipe, but we’ll talk through it.
The first step is to cut the crusts off our your bread. Eat them or use them for something else– but don’t waste them. We just didn’t want them to get in the way of rolling.
Use a rolling pin to roll the pieces of crustless bread flat. Put a slice of cheddar cheese on top and roll it up!
It will be difficult, and the cheese will break, but it doesn’t matter; the cheese will be melted soon.
Melt some Garlic Butter in a pan, and toast the rollups on all sides. Our recipe specifies that you should do this in two batches, cleaning the pan and adding more Garlic Butter in between. This prevents the garlic in the butter from burning, which would give a bitter flavor to the bread.
- 8 slices white bread, crusts trimmed
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 T Fresh Churned Garlic Butter
- Use a rolling pin to flatten each slice of bread. Place one slice of cheese on each, and roll tightly.
- Melt 2 T Garlic Butter in a pan, and place 4 rollups in the pan. Toast on all sides, then remove.
- Wipe excess butter out and repeat with the rest of the Garlic Butter and the remaining rollups.