Garlic Bacon Cheddar Jalapeño Cornbread MuffinsCourse: Sides, Snacks
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup buttermilk
2/3 cup milk
2 T Chef Shamy Parmesan Basil Garlic Butter, melted
1/2 cup crumbled bacon (about 6 slices)
1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 jalapeño, diced small
Additional Chef Shamy Parmesan Basil Garlic Butter, for brushing
- Preheat oven to 425° F
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Make a little well in the middle. Add the eggs and combine roughly. Add the buttermilk and milk to bring together into a dough. Don’t over mix.
- Add butter and mix until just combined. Gently fold in bacon, cheddar cheese, and jalapeño.
- Distribute batter evenly between the wells of a greased mini muffin tin.
- (Optional: sprinkle a little extra cheese on top of each muffin)
- Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes, or until golden.
- Brush warm muffins with additional melted Garlic Butter.
- Allow to cool and serve as a side, or with soup chili.