Instant Pots are the new thing! And they’re amazing. For example, you can cook a roast in an hour or less! This is a recipe that would normally take hours– if you cook the meat in a crock pot or oven. But not here! Time is money, my friends! But you know what’s really great? Using an Instant Pot to make a delicious roast, and then using that roast to make the Best French Dip Sandwich you’ve ever had!
French Onion isn’t just a soup. Nope. Chef Shamy French Onion Butter with Asiago is packed with flavor! It’s got the perfect tang of onion, a little hint of chives, and some Asiago cheese for good measure.
French Onion Butter is a great combination with French Dip, and not just because they’re both French. It compliments the meat perfectly! And it keeps the bread moist and flavorful. And when you dip that bread with French Onion butter in the au jus…. It’s amazing.
I’ve loved French Dip sandwiches for years– my mom used to make it for dinner frequently. She would use au jus from a package you can buy in the store. But using the leftover cooking broth from the Instant Pot is kinda genius, if I do say so myself. It was the most flavorful au jus I’d ever tasted.
There really are a lot of ways to make French Dip Sandwiches the right way. Don’t have a roast? Use sliced deli roast beef.
Don’t have hoagie rolls? Use baguette slices or even normal bread.
No Provolone? Use Swiss. Or Munster.
No Instant Pot? Use a crockpot or dutch oven. Then buy an Instant Pot while you wait for your meat to cook.
The only thing you can’t substitute, however, is French Onion Butter. Seriously. It’s too good for that.
Instant Pot French Onion French Dip SandwichesCourse: Dinner, lunch
- Season the roast with salt and pepper.
- Add oil to the bottom of the Instant Pot, and sear all sides of the roast for about 1 minute each
- Once the roast has been seared, add beef broth, Worcestershire, diced onion, white wine, and 4 T French Onion Butter.
- Cook in Instant Pot for 45-60 minutes.
- Remove the meat and slice thickly.
- Preheat oven to 450 F°.
- To assemble, spread remaining French Onion Butter on both sides. Add 2 slices of Provolone cheese to each sandwich and bake 5 minutes, until butter and cheese are melted. Add slices of roast to complete the sandwich.
- In a small bowl or cup, add some of the liquid from the Instant Pot to dip the sandwich in.
- If you don’t want to use white wine, substitute another cup of beef broth.