Beef and Noodles
Our French Onion Beef and Noodles is a one pot meal that’s great for any busy weeknight! It comes together really easily, and it tastes absolutely delicious! Amazing caramelized onions, tender pieces of beef, and creamy flavorful noodles– all part of this dish!
Beef and noodles is a definite comfort food. It reminds me a little bit of stroganoff that I had as a kid, but even better! A big bowl full on a cool day– straight out of the pot– warms you and fills you up!
This recipe starts with some of our Fresh Churned French Onion Butter. It adds so much flavor to any dish, and this one is no exception. Melt some French Onion Butter in your pot and add some thinly sliced onion. Cook the onions down until caramelized.
When we’re talking about caramelized onion, we don’t just mean for the onions for be soft and cooked through. Be patient! It takes a long time, and the onions soak up all that delicious butter flavor.
A one pot meal is the best kind of meal because it’s made in one pot, which means fewer dirty dishes to do. Start by searing the beef, then remove it. Then comes the caramelized onions.
Add the beef back into the pot with some broth. Then you’ll add some egg noodles– they’ll boil right with everything else. When the noodles are cooked, the broth with mostly be gone. You’ll stir in some sour cream and Parmesan cheese, and voila! Your one pot meal is ready!
French Onion Beef and NoodlesCourse: Dinner
6 T Fresh Churned French Onion Butter, divided
1 lb beef stew meat
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tsp paprika
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 cups beef broth
2 cups egg noodles
½ cup sour cream
½ cup Parmesan cheese
Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Melt 2 T of French Onion Butter in a large pot. Add stew meat. Season with salt, pepper and parika. Sear 1 minute on each side, then remove from the pot and set aside.
- Melt the rest (4 T) of French Onion Butter. Add onions to the pan, and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are caramelized. Put the beef back into the pot.
- Pour in beef broth and bring to a boil. Add egg noodles and cook for 8 minutes, until egg noodles are al dente.
- Turn off heat, then stir in sour cream and Parmesan cheese.
- Garnish with parsley, and serve.