A food that lends itself well to butter is seafood and I have done several garlic shrimp recipes. My favorite has to have been the Garlic Pasta with Shrimp Scampi Recipe which also contains several tips on cooking shrimp. It was my favorite until this one, that is. In all reality, you could make a pasta with this creamy lemon garlic shrimp, however I would use smaller shrimp for this recipe.
With this recipe, you’re not limited by what butter you should use. You could use the French Onion Butter with Asiago Cheese or you could even use our Lemon Dill Saute Butter, which is one I often use on seafood. The flavor profile shouldn’t change too much, it’s simply a matter of personal preference.
Creamy Lemon Garlic Shrimp
What makes this lemon garlic shrimp recipe so delicious is the fine balance between the subtle garlic flavor and the citrus overtones of the lemon with a great bite in the touch of black pepper, all wrapped up in a creamy sauce that you’ll want to use over and over again.
- 2 oz Chef Shamy Parmesan Basil Garlic Butter
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp
- 1½ Cup half & half
- ⅓ Cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese (for extra cheesy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 lemon
- In a medium pan on medium-high heat, melt Chef Shamy Butter, then add shrimp and cook for one minute on each side. Remove shrimp to a bowl
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add half and half, bring to a simmer while stirring and then add extra parmesan cheese. Continue stirring for 2 minutes. In a separate bowl, combine cornstarch and water, then add to the pan. Continue stirring until mixture begins to thicken (about 3 minutes).
- Remove from heat
- Add shrimp back to the sauce and then squeeze one lemon over the top and stir well
Find a Store