I’m actually obsessed with this recipe. I’ve made it several times since the first time that we photographed it, because it’s that good! Creamy Garlic Lemon Fettuccine is my new go-to pasta dish, and it will becomes yours too!
Pasta is a beautiful thing, and a rotation of delicious pasta dishes are essential for any home. While high in carbohydrates, pasta isn’t actually that bad for you– especially fresh pasta. You can buy fresh pasta in the grocery store– it’s usually in the refrigerated section near the cheeses. It’s worth the extra cost.
You can also make your own pasta! It’s not too hard if you have good instructions, and there are many machines for purchase that can help you.
My favorite pasta dishes include a creamy sauce that’s light and fresh. Maybe that’s why I’m so in love with this recipe. It’s basically an Alfredo-type cream sauce with a bunch of lemon in it. The lemon cuts through the richness of the cream and adds a really fresh taste.
It’s also incredibly easy to make. Let’s talk about it.
Start with some of our Fresh Churned Garlic Butter. It’s got a great flavor, and a nice kick of garlic. Slowly stir in some heavy cream- the base of any delicious sauce. Once it starts to simmer, add a bunch of lemon juice and some Parmesan cheese.
Keep stirring it, until it thickens up a little bit.
Throw your cooked fettuccine into the sauce, and toss it around. Top with lots of lemon zest and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes.
See? So easy?
When to Eat Pasta
All the time. I’ve eaten pasta for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- 16 oz fettuccine pasta
- 4 T Fresh Churned Garlic Butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Lemon zest and red pepper flakes, to garnish
- Boil fettuccine according to package directions, until al dente.
- In a saucepan, melt Garlic Butter over medium heat. Add heavy cream a little at a time, stirring to fully incorporate. Cook 2-3 minutes, or until it starts to simmer. Add lemon juice and Parmesan cheese and stir until cheese is melted.
- Add cooked fettuccine and toss in the sauce.
- Garnish with lemon zest and red pepper flakes. Serve immediately.