Cinnamon Apple Cake is a perfect dessert for the fall months! Apples are delicious this time of year!
This cake is made in a Bundt pan, which creates a fun shape and lovely decoration. If you don’t have a pan like this, you should get one! There are lots of different kinds, and most are pretty inexpensive. You can even buy ones made out of silicone, which is super non-stick.
You can use whichever kind of apples you’d like in this recipe– I usually try to do Granny Smith, because they have so much flavor. But if there’s another apple that looks better and is on sale, try it!
Many cake recipes call for diced apples. While I like getting the occasional chunk, I really prefer grated apples, which is what this recipe calls for. Grating the apples releases a lot more the juice, so the cake is super moist and has that amazing fresh apple flavor.
Chef Shamy Cinnamon Honey Butter also adds a lot of delicious flavor to this cake. It’s sweet, cinnamon-y, and perfect for baking!
Cinnamon Apple CakeCourse: Dessert
FOR THE CAKE:
2 cups sugar
12 oz (1½ cups) Chef Shamy Cinnamon Brown Sugar Honey Butter
½ cup orange juice
3 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups grated Granny Smith Apples
1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
FOR THE GLAZE:
2 cups powdered sugar
2-3 T milk
- Preheat oven to 325° F
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar, eggs, and Cinnamon Butter until combined. Add orange juice and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Add vanilla and mix again.
- Fold in walnuts and grated apples, until combined
- Pour mixture into a greased and floured 10 inch Bundt pan.
- Bake at 325° for about 90 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes, then turn out cake.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze. Mix together Cinnamon Butter, powdered sugar, and milk. Consistency should be thick enough to not run off the cake.
- When the cake has fully cooled, drizzle glaze.