We love these Grilled Cauliflower Steaks! They’re a great substitute for a vegetarian or someone trying to keep their calorie intake low.
Cauliflower is definitely low calorie. And it’s good for you too! It’s got high content of Vitamin C and B vitamins as well. It’s a great healthy option to help you enjoy summer grilling season!
Cauliflower already has a good flavor to start, so this recipe keeps things simple. The grill itself will add some flavor– a little char is delicious.
The real key, though, is our Fresh Churned French Onion Butter. It has a beautiful onion flavor, and it’s got real Asiago cheese too!
Paint your cauliflower (both sides) generously with the French Onion Butter. Season with some additional salt and pepper if you want, but you might not need it.
So if you want to add cheese, you totally can. Who am I kidding? Of course you want to add cheese. Cheese makes everything better!
Add a slice or two, and close the lid of your grill. The cheese will melt and you’ll have a delicious cheesy cauliflower steak!
- 2 heads cauliflower
- ⅓ cup Fresh Churned French Onion Butter, melted
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cheese (optional)
- Preheat grill.
- Remove green leaves from the cauliflower heads, and cut them in half lengthwise. Cut a ½ inch steak from each half. If your head is big, you might be able to get another steak.
- Repeat with the other head of cauliflower.
- Place on the grill. Brush generously with French Onion Butter, and season with salt and pepper. Cook 5 minutes, then flip. Brush with French Onion Butter again, and season again.
- Cook another 5 minutes.
- Melt cheese on the cauliflower steak, if desired.