Chips and Dip
Chips and dip is one of the best things in the world. I don’t care what kind of chips, and I really don’t care what kind of dip. But I’ve got to say, this Caramelized Onion Dip with Bacon and Garlic really hits the spot.
It’s got that great caramelized onion flavor contrasted with the creaminess of 3 different cheeses and crunchy, salty bacon.
Onion dip flavored with powder is gross. I don’t love the powder. Why get your onion flavor from powder when you could use real onions? These onions are cooked in Chef Shamy Garlic Butter. It’s a really fantastic way to do it. Garlic Butter and Onions are probably the best combination you can think of.
The Garlic Butter gives a great garlic flavor that enhances the onions. As the onions brown and caramelize, their flavor deepens and gets almost sweet.
That’s the key to this recipe. Make sure you really give those onions some time to cook. The only crunch should be from the bacon!
- ½ lb. bacon
- 3 T Chef Shamy Parmesan Basil Garlic Butter
- 2 onions diced
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 T Worcestershire sauce
- 11/4 cup shredded Gruyère
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Chips, for serving
- In a large skillet, cook bacon.
- Drain fat from skillet, then melt Garlic Butter over medium heat. Add onions and saute until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- In a large mixing bowl, combine caramelized onions, cream cheese, sour cream, Worcestershire, Gruyere, mozzarella, and crumbled bacon. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer mixture to a baking dish and sprinkle a little more mozzarella on top. Bake at 350° F for about 20 minutes.
- Garish with parsley and serve immediately with tortilla or potato chips.